Delicious Rice in 10 Easy Stepsroundeyegarage
Delicious Rice in 10 Easy Steps
- Choose delicious rice.Meshimaru-kun
(“Genki tsukushi” rice is a very delicious variety.)
- Measure the rice and add it to a pot or rice cooker. Use a measuring cup (180 cc) to make sure you measure accurately.
- IMPORTANT! Add water to the pot. Quickly rinse the rice and discard the water. Repeat the rinse process twice.
- After the second rinse, leave enough water in the pot to cover the rice. Wash the rice by rubbing it between your hands. This will remove the bran and the rice flour on the surface of the rice. The water will become a milky white color.
- Once again, add water to the pot. Quickly rinse the rice and discard the water. Repeat the rinse process three times. This will improve the gloss and the fragrance of the rice.
- IMPORTANT! Add 200cc water per 180cc rice to the pot. Do not use hard water. If you have hard water at home, try using purified water. Measure the water accurately: Too much water will overcook the rice; too little water will undercook the rice.
- Let the rice soak in the water for 30 minutes to make sure the rice absorbs enough water.
- Cook the rice.
- After cooking, scoop the rice from the bottom. Every piece of rice should be fluffy and shiny.