- Grand Prize:
- Ruby Programming Shounendan: Develops and Uses Smalruby
Ruby Programing Shonen-dan (Shimane)
We developed Smalruby, an educational tool for programming with Ruby. We have also formed the Ruby Programming Shounendan, which aims to function like a junior sports program focused on programming with Ruby.
- Outstanding Performance Awards:
- “Did you mean?” Experience in Ruby
Yuki Nishijima (Chiba)
A library for Ruby that implements a “Did you mean?” function. Allows developers to speed up their problem solving in the event of a mistype by anticipating the method and class they meant to reference and including it in the error message.
- Nyaplot: A General Data Visualization Library
Naoki Nishida (Kyoto)
Nyaplot is a graph drawing library for Ruby. Nyaplot allows students and researchers without knowledge of code writing to simply draw a variety of graphs in a web browser.
- Developed Alone: An Embedded Application Framework
Yuto Higashi (Shimane)
Alone is an application framework for embedded systems in Ruby, which supports remote monitoring and control via web browser. Alone allows developers to build a stable system quickly and easily.
- AWS Award:
- imanee: A Fashion Service that Believes “Fashion can help you become the person you want to be”
Neworld, Inc. (Fukuoka)
The concept behind imanee is “You can become the person you want to be through fashion.” We bring you information on the fashions your favorite celebrities are wearing on TV!
- Cloud Award:
- Snitch (Snitch.io)
Yousef Ourabi (U.S.A.)
“Snitch periodically and automatically audits an SSL certificate and the properties of the https (SSL/TLS ) connection for expiration, revocation, security vulnerabilities and best practices. Snitch helps businesses avoid down time that impacts their revenue and reputation.”
- Engine Yard Award:
Reenhanced, LLC. (U.S.A.)
“Git Reflow – A simple git workflow, without the parts you don’t use.
Use git reflow to automate the creation of branches and pull requests on github, github enterprise, and bitbucket. It will make sure every pull request receives a code review and provides a standard format for your commit messages on release. Designed for simplicity, reflow is the tool you wish existed.”
- Paperboy Award:
- Honyomi, An E-book Search Engine, and the Website that Uses it, Honyomi no Toshokan
A web application and search engine for e-books (pdf) for individual and intranet use. Allows you to register a high volume of pdfs using a command line, with the ability to easily search and add notes on a page you like via browser.
- Heroku Award:
- Tachikoma.io: Preserves the Ruby/Rails Application with the Least Amount of Damage Possible with Bundle Update as a Service
Kenichi Murahashi (Tokyo)
Tachikoma.io is a Bundle Update as a Service which preserves Ruby/Rails applications safely, with the least damage possible. Users will be able to spend more of their time on what they really want to be doing.
- IIJ GIO Award:
- Trusterd: The Next Generation of HTTP/2 Web Server, Highly Functional, with Settings Programmable with mruby
Ryosuke Matsumoto (Osaka)
Trusterd is a fast, mruby action definable HTTP/2 Web server.
- Yodlee Award:
- Continuous Deployment for AWS “CloudNative Bakery”
CloudNative, Inc. (U.S.A.)
CloudNative simplifies running software in the cloud – flexibly, reliably, and securely. We give developers the benefits of expertly managed infrastructure, without taking control or visibility away from operations. By utilizing the best practices built into our services, companies free up valuable engineering resources, reduce operational risk, and save money.
- Special Awards:
- FrameMonkey Mobile App
FrameMonkey is a new and innovative way to record and share memorable moments on your mobile device. Created by Liam Shalon, a successful 14 year old designer and entrepreneur, FrameMonkey capitalizes on the recent trend of GIFs. FrameMonkey will become the home and future of animations on the web. Liam’s vision is to revolutionize the way we share multimedia online.
- mruby Integration for the Full-Text Search Engine Groonga
Groonga Project (Tokyo)
mruby embedded version of Groogna, a full-text search engine implemented in the C language and built in Japan, allowing core functions to be implemented with mruby. From now on, we hope to share the knowledge gained from this approach.
- Mall Connecter Tool: Provides Centralized Information Management for Rakuten Ichiba, Yahoo! Shopping, Amazon and Others Linkable to Core Systems and E-commerce Sites
Appirits Inc. (Tokyo)
Mall Connecter is a product/service which automatically sends and receives information, linking Rakuten Ichiba, Yahoo! Shopping, Amazon and others to companies’ own e-commerce sites or core systems.
- Fukuoka Innovator Awards:
- App. by Qurate: The App-Making App
- E2Survey: A Tool to Improve Universities
HAW International (Fukuoka)
- ICT Elderly Monitoring Support Platform
Cross Media NetWorks Corp. (Fukuoka)
- Developing a PIONE-webclient to be the UI for SaaS Using the PIONE (Process-rule for Input/Output Negotiation Environment) Platform
NaU Data Institute Inc. (Fukuoka)